TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
- Innovative programs such as The Milwaukee Experience, Project Assist, and
the first Beginning Teacher Assistance Program in the United States have earned
national recognition for the College of Education.
- The CPA examination scores achieved by UW-Whitewater's accounting graduates
have consistently ranked the University among the top ten colleges and
universities nationally every year since 1985.
- UW-Whitewater features a diverse student body that includes the third
largest minority enrollment in the University of Wisconsin System.
- With its special mission to serve students with disabilities, the
University has invested more than $2 million in improvements to guarantee
barrier-free access to all campus buildings. As such, UW-Whitewater ranks among
the top five universities nationally in accessibility.
- The UW-Whitewater Office of Disabled Student Services has earned a
reputation for innovative programs as demonstrated by its receipt of the
American Association of State Colleges and University's top national award in
- For the fourth time, the UW-Whitewater Management Computer Systems Program
was ranked as the number one four-year computing degree program in the United
States and Canada by the Data Processing Management Association. UW-Whitewater
is the only institution to receive the number one ranking more than once.
- Due to the development and implementation of an innovative General
Education curriculum, universities throughout the country regard UW-Whitewater
as having a model program and actively seek out its counsel in revising their
- The UW-Whitewater Business Education Program earned the 1994 national
four-year university award from the Business Education Division of the American
- UW-Whitewater has built a tradition of success among its 21 men's and
women's intercollegiate athletic programs.
- The UW-Whitewater Office of Continuing Education and Graduate Studies
reaches out to its constituency and annually attracts over 30,000 people to a
variety of camps, programs, and conferences.
- The Wisconsin Innovation Service Center is a highly respected operation
which provides comprehensive evaluations of thousands of new product ideas and
is the only non-profit service of its kind in Wisconsin.
- The UW-Whitewater chapter of the Association of Collegiate Entrepreneurs
has earned more awards from the national organization than any other college or
university in the United States.
- UW-Whitewater serves as a cultural center for the region through the visual
and performing arts programming offered in the Center of the Arts and the Irvin
L. Young Auditorium, serving a combined annual audience of 100,000 area
- The America's Best Colleges, published by "U.S. News and World Report"
magazine has listed UW-Whitewater in its tier one ranking of Midwestern regional
colleges and universities.
UW-Whitewater Undergraduate Bulletin - 1997-1999
Office of the Registrar
Formatted by Matt Benson - UWW
Last Update - LW 8/31/97