In Case of Emergency
In the event of a university-wide shutdown, the Academic Advising & Exploration Center will cancel face-to-face appointments. In place of the Pre Advise or Advise meeting, emails will be sent to all advisees scheduled during the shutdown. Your academic advisor can be contacted via phone and email during this time if questions arise. The content of these emails is shown below.
APPOINTMENT #1 "PRE-ADVISE"
Topics covered during the initial appointment are covered below. Please view all links listed:
- Advising Syllabus
- Important Dates
- Major and Minor - Please review your major and minor on WINS. It can be found under the My Academics section. If you wish to declare or change your major, email your advisor.
- College of Business - Review Business requirements fact sheet for your area of study. Watch for an email regarding the SimNet software for the CAT test.
- College of Education - Education majors need a 2.75 GPA by the end of fall to register for Pre-Block courses in April (for Fall). Review Eduction requirement checklist, especially Phase 1 meting, Experience with Learners, and Praxis 1 test).
Follow this link to learn how to schedule a 30 minute appointment on your advisor's calendar.
APPOINTMENT #2 "ADVISE"
If the university closes, you will first want to view the PowerPoint outlining the key points of advising. The PowerPoint will address the following key items:
- WINS review
- Advisement Report
- Enrollment Dates
- Advisor Assignment
- How to Enroll
- College of Business / College of Education admission requirements
- Academic Advising & Exploration Center website
- Registrar's Office
- Transfer Information System
You can view the recommendations on WINS under "View Advisor Recommendations."
You can also search for classes either on WINS or the official schedule of classes.