Assessment day is a semi-annual event hosted by UW-Whitewater as an opportunity to present, share, and converse about assessment and assessment related topics. Generally, a keynote speaker, a few concurrent presentations, and a poster session are included as a part of the exciting events of the day! Please come and help us celebrate and connect.
As this year is a LEAP Year, assessment posters will be presented in collaboration with LEAP. To learn more about our LEAP Day 2016 celebration and to submit your poster proposals, please click here.
Assessment Day will be back in 2017 and we look forward to receiving your poster proposals then!
Assessment Day 2015
Dean John Stone's Keynote Presentation
"A Visit from the In-Laws": What Will the Higher Learning Commission Look for and Say about UW-Whitewater's Academic Assessment Work?
Click here to view his powerpoint.
Assessment Day Program
Poster Prize Winners 2015
Most Innovative Poster:
- First Place: LEAP Across Borders for Global Learning with International Scholars
- Second Place: Integrate LEAP into the University's Outreach Programs
- First Place: Reforming PETE
- Second Place: Assessment of Skills Gained from Faculty-Student Collaborative Research
Best Use of Data:
- First Place: MAPWorks
- Second Place: Assessing Multiple ELOs in Geography and Geology
Most Interesting Research:
- First Place: Assessing Critcal Thinking of Corporate & Health Communication Major
- Second Place: Proposed New General Education Learning Outcomes
Assessment Day Poster Samples 2015
- Assessing the 2014 Corporate and Health Communicatio Symposium: Lessons Learned
- LEAPing Across Disciplines: Students Collaborating between Colleges as Part of Regular Coursework
- Assessment from the Faculty/Staff Point of View: Mapping the Data Landscape
- Assessment of Student Learning, Academic Success and Demographics of Undergraduate Research Participants
- Essential Learning & Assessment Review Committee (ELARC)
- Film Studies Assessment Summer 2014
- Higher Learning Commission: Reaccrediting Our University
- Music Department Assessment: Semester Juries
- Qualtrics: Survey Tool
- A Signature Assignment in Math 141
- UW-Whitewater's Revised Senior Outcomes Assessment Survey
- Student Response Folder
- Developing and Implementing a Signature Assignment for World of the Arts
- Developing a Writing Rubric in Mathematics
Assessment Day 2015 Pictures
Can't get enough Assessment Day? Check out the Assessment Day Archive to view information from past Assessment Day events.
Questions? Contact Joan Littlefield Cook