UW-Whitewater Campus Climate Survey: Every Degree Counts
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is one of four UW System campuses that will participate in the Campus Climate Survey during fall 2009. Other campuses completing the survey in 2009 are UW-Eau Claire, UW-Parkside and UW-River Falls. At UW-Whitewater, the survey will be administered online and/or in paper form Oct. 1-15.
- Invitation to Participate in the Campus Climate Survey
- Carta de invitacion a participar en una encuesta sobre el ambiente universitario
- UW-W Campus Climate Assessment Project Overview - PowerPoint | PDF
What is the Campus Climate Survey?
The Campus Climate Survey is a way to measure the climate of diversity and inclusiveness on the UW-Whitewater campus with regard to race and ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, etc.
A welcoming, or inclusive, campus is important in order to recruit and retain talented faculty and students. Students will succeed in a learning environment that meets their unique and diverse needs.
The Campus Climate Survey will identify areas that may need to be addressed so that UW-Whitewater can create a welcoming environment for faculty and staff members and students from diverse backgrounds.
In appreciation for participation in the survey, several prizes will be awarded to random survey respondents who choose to participate in the drawing. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
The final percentage of completed
surveys is 30%.
- 500 responses: 10 UW-Whitewater Learning Communities water bottles each with a pen included
- 1,000 responses: above prize plus twelve $10 iTunes gift cards
- 1,500 responses: 10 Chartwells coffee mugs each with a coupon for a free cup of coffee at Beans and 10 Chartwells water bottles each with a coupon for one free soft drink
- 2,000 responses: five UW-Whitewater shirts ; five $10 gift certificates to Willy's Hawk Shop; 10 UW-Whitewater coffee mugs from the bookstore; two certificates for "Lunch with the Chancellor"; three certificates for "Lunch with the WSG President and Vice President"
- 2,500 responses: Five six-month memberships to the Williams Center; one $25 gift certificate to Randy's Restaurant; and 3 sets of 4 tickets to the UW-Whitewater men's and women's basketball home openers
- 3,000 or more responses: A Kindle