|Plan 2008: GOAL V: INCREASE THE NUMBER OF FACULTY, ACADEMIC STAFF, CLASSIFIED STAFF AND ADMINISTRATORS OF COLOR, SO THAT THEY ARE REPRESENTED IN THE UW SYSTEM WORKFORCE IN PROPORTION TO THEIR CURRENT AVAILABILITY IN RELEVANT JOB POOLS. IN ADDITION, WORK TO INCREASE THEIR FUTURE AVAILABILITY AS POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES.|
|RELATED INSTITUTIONAL Plan 2008 GOAL (UW-W Continuing Activity #5):
· Continue to monitor institutional progress, at least on an annual basis, emphasizing Equal Opportunity goals, salary equity, promotion and tenure rates for women and faculty of color, and retention rates for women and faculty/academic staff of color.
|Name of Department(s)||Academic Affairs|
|Target Group||UW-W Faculty and Academic Staff of Color|
|Total Number Served|
|Time Line||Academic Year|
|Duration of Program||Continuing|
|Program Cost and Funding Sources||UW-W Budget|
|INITIATIVE/PROGRAM||1. Work with the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office to continue ongoing reports to the federal government and to the UW System.
2. A UW-W Plan 2008 Diversity Update will be prepared annually, to report internally and externally about progress in meeting these goals. This report will be developed with the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office, the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee, and the Minority/Disadvantaged Committee.
a. A template will be set up for this report. The report will include information such as:3. Divisions, colleges, departments, and offices will examine the available data, including exit interview data.(1) Progress meeting Equal Opportunity goalsb. Reports will be compiled by college and by division.
4. Success in increasing diversity within units will be considered as a merit factor for administrators.
|EXPECTED OUTCOMES OR NEED FOR INITIATIVE/PROGRAM||
· Ongoing reports to UW System and federal government
|ACTUAL OUTCOMES OR EFFECTIVES OF IMPLEMENTATION ACTIVITIES||
1. The Equal Opportunity Office has continued providing reports for the state, federal government, and UW System.
|FACTORS INFLUENCING PROGRAM OUTCOMES||Internal factors influencing program outcomes include staff turnover in the Equal Opportunity Office.|
|FUTURE PLANS; WILL YOU DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, IF SO, WHY||We plan to continue the ongoing efforts in this area. We also plan to work with the new Diversity and Equal Opportunity Officer to develop the Plan 2008 Diversity Update.|