African American Network (AAN)
The African American Network serves to enhance retention rates, develop and assist African American students in graduation. We are dedicated to providing academic and personal support as well as various other resources to maximize the educational experience here at UW-Whitewater. The main focus is on supporting African American students' academic endeavors by connecting them with campus resources, community events, and educational programs.
- Create and provide outlets for students' academic and social interests.
- Serve as a link between African American students and UW-Whitewater.
- Work toward increasing the number of successful African American students at UW-Whitewater.
- Serve as a resource for UW-Whitewater students who are researching African American cultures.
- Provide personal and academic mentorship to multicultural students.
- Academic Services: The AAN provides secondary academic advising for African American students such as course selection and major/minor changes.
- Study Tables: Students are provided with the opportunity to study together to share ideas and resources. Students are encouraged to utilize the tutorial center for academic help.
- Brother 2 Brother & Sister 2 Sister: These are two mentoring programs designed to provide personal, social, and academic resources to multicultural students with a goal of enhancing retention and graduation rates.
- Activities: The AAN sponsors and co-sponsors academic programs and cultural activities.
AAN Study Tables:
224 McCutchan Hall 262-472-1114
Terreea Shropshire, Cornealious Cook & Lachiere Weathers
212 McCutchan Hall 262-472-2673