Southeast Asian Support Services (SASS)
Southeast Asian Support Services (SASS) provides resources for Southeast Asian students on academic, social and personal issues to increase retention and graduation by connecting with Academic Support Services, the community, parents, and student organizations. The Southeast Asian Support Services (SASS) helps guide, develop and provide resources for Southeast Asian students on academics and social issues to increase their retention and graduation at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Southeast Asian Support Services (SASS) focuses on supporting Southeast Asian students' academic endeavors by connecting them with campus resources, community events, and educational programs.
- Create and provide outlets for students' academic and social interests.
- Serve as a link between Southeast Asian students and UW-Whitewater.
- Increase the number of Southeast Asian students at UW-Whitewater.
- Serve as a resource room for UW-Whitewater students who are researching Southeast Asian Cultures.
- Academic Services: SASS provides secondary academic advising for Southeast Asian students such as course selection and major/minor changes.
- Study Table: Academic Achievers give students opportunities to study together to share ideas and resources. Students are encouraged to utilize the tutorial center for academic help.
- Resources: SASS provides resources to all UW-Whitewater students who are researching Southeast Asian cultures and current issues. The program subscribes to a variety of publications focusing on Southeast Asian cultures.
- Activities: SASS sponsors and co-sponsors academic programs and cultural activities.
SASS Study Tables:
Join us for any of the dates below! All are located in McCutchan Hall Room 111, 5:00- 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, September 16: Welcome Back!
- Wednesday, September 30: Resume Review Workshop *Location: Hyland Hall Room 3106*
- Wednesday, October 14: Lawton Grant Information Session
- Wednesday, November 4: Associates Degree Information
- Wednesday, December 2: Last Study Tables- Study Tips/ Graduate School Prep