The King/Chavez Scholars have a remarkable retention and six year graduation rate. Their gravitation toward campus activities and general campus involvement results in academic outcomes and an improved campus climate. This is also augmented by King/Chavez Scholars:
- Becoming McNair Scholars
- Becoming campus assistants
- Experiencing study abroad
- Enrolling in graduate study
- Expanding academic majors into science, technology, business, and education.
- Becoming INROADS participants
- Participating in TOPJobs (State Internships)
King/Chavez Scholars help to make a difference in the quality of life in Wisconsin. Many have elected to remain in the state of Wisconsin after graduation. They are gainfully employed in private, public, and not-for-profit entities.