Selection Criteria for King/Chavez Scholars
Factors that played a role in the establishment of the King/Chavez Scholars at UW-Whitewater:
- The need to have a larger pool of prospects for the McNair Scholars Program.
- The need to bring multicultural students to UW-Whitewater as scholars.
- The need for incentives for pre-college participants enrolling at UW-Whitewater.
King/Chavez Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a 3.00 cumulative high school GPA and have an ACT composite score of 20 or above.
- Enroll at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater for the Fall 2014 semester.