Budget, Planning and Analysis
Procurement and purchasing cards at UW-Whitewater

Tax Exempt Cards

The University is tax exempt within the State of Wisconsin. Therefore, employees who travel on University business are tax exempt on all sales and use tax in all Wisconsin cities, towns and localities including local tax on food and beverages, exposition taxes and car rentals. This also includes Wisconsin sales and use tax on the purchases paid by the University Procurement card or on purchases paid by an employee who then seeks reimbursement. Employees should carry this card with you as some vendors need to keep copies for their files.

For information on tax exemption outside of Wisconsin see the UW-System US States' Sales & Use Tax Exemptions page.

To obtain a card or if you have questions, please either contact your department chairperson or campus business representative.