Billing notifications are sent to the student's UW-Whitewater e-mail account monthly when there is activity on the student's account. Check your UW-Whitewater e-mail account on a regular basis to avoid missing important information. Always keep adequate space in your in-box. Failure to receive a Billing notification will not relieve students from their obligation to make timely payments. UW-Whitewater does not mail out paper bills.
Students can set up authorized users through the billing site. Once you are logged in, click on the "Authorized Users" tab on the top of the page and follow the prompts. After the authorized user is set up, that person will also receive future billing notifications when there is any activity on the students account.
Return to top
Is the fastest-easiest way to pay your bill and they post immediately to your student account. Online payments can be made by going to https://touchnet.uww.edu
- Checking/Savings Account: Electronic payments made from your checking or savings accounts do NOT have a convenience fee. It's FREE!
- Credit Card: Credit Card payments can be made online using MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. There is a 2.85% convenience fee (minimum $3.00) charged when making a credit card payment.
- Debit Card: If you use the number on the debit card the payment will be treated as a credit card payment and will be charged the convenience fee. However if you enter bank account and routing information for your debit account (not the card number) there is no charge to use this payment method. Please see the attached document for information on setting up your electronic check touchnet information
Make checks payable to UW-Whitewater.
Checks must be received in the Cashiers Office by the due date. Include the student name and student ID on the check. Mail payment to:
UW-W Cashier's Office
Hyer Hall room 110
P.O. Box 88
Whitewater, WI 53190
Payments can be made on campus at UWW Cashier's Office between the hours of 8:00 - 3:30 Monday through Friday in Hyer Hall Room 110. The overnight deposit box outside the University Cashier's Office is available when the office is closed. Cash, checks or money orders are accepted at the cashier window. NO credit or debit cards can be accepted at the window, card payments must be made online.
Scholarships will be applied to your student account. Please submit this form to UW-Whitewater Cashier's Office at least 10 days before the due date. If an overpayment occurs, a refund will be processed to the student. If a private scholarship check requires your signature, the UW-Whitewater Cashier's Office will send an e-mail notice to your UW-Whitewater e-mail account.
If you are eligible for a refund, they are processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please check your account to ensure you do not have "do not refund" holds. If you have a "do not refund" hold that you are concerned about please contact the Cashiers Office at 262-472-1378. We recommend you set up direct deposit, sign up for e-Refunding to get your money electronically deposited into the bank account of your choice. To sign up for e-Refunding, follow the e-Refunding instructions. Once you have set up your refund/payment profile, your refund check will be directly deposited in approximately 2-3 business days after it has posted to your student account on WINS. The funds will be available to you as soon as they are deposited. All future refunds will be direct deposited in the account you set up.
According to the WI Stat. 943.24, a student can be fined and required to appear in court for issuing a worthless check (including online transactions). The University will assess a $20 service charge if any payment is returned unpaid. This is in addition to the charge your bank may assess. If your check is returned NSF (non-sufficient funds), then you may lose your check writing privileges and access to credit with the university. Your account will also be returned to the same status as it was before the payment was received, so interest and/or administrative fees may be charged. In addition, your classes may be at risk of cancellation. If the unpaid payment is the result of a bank error, the bank must send a letter of explanation to the UW-Whitewater Cashier's Office, P.O. Box 88, Whitewater, WI 53190.
International payments can be made through peer transfer on our website at the link below.
Using Peer Transfer will:
- Eliminate hidden bank fees - ensure University of Wisconsin-Whitewater receives the correct amount.
- Save on exchange rates - in most cases you can make a payment in your home currency. Peer Transfer will process the currency exchange - offering you wholesale exchange rates, unmatched by traditional banks.
- Peace of mind - 24 hour multilingual customer support when you need to know where your payment is throughout the entire process.