Foreign Travel Emergency Service - Medex
The Department of Administration travel emergency assistance service, Medex, is available free of charge to university employees who travel to foreign countries conducting university business. Contact either the travel office (262) 472-3912 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Risk Management at (262) 472-1856 to obtain a Medex card. Risk Management should also be contacted for further information if spouses, dependents and students of the university are traveling with you to the foreign country. It is very important to contact the travel office each time you travel to a foreign country for record keeping purposes.
Since many of our health care plans are not recognized in foreign countries, Medex operates 24-hours, seven days a week and offers toll-free emergency assistance service, medical evacuation, and repatriation benefits in the event of a travel related emergency. Medex should be called if you are involved in an accident requiring medical treatment, you are having difficulty locating medical care, you have a medical problem and require translation services or if you have any other serious travel difficulties. Medex will recover their costs from your health insurance company.
Therefore, it is very important that you notify your health insurance carrier that you are traveling to a foreign country prior to your trip.
Other services of Medex include:
- Special assistance in locating the nearest, most appropriate medical care.
- Management, arrangement and coordination of emergency medical transportation and evacuation as necessary.
- Assistance in establishing contact with family, personal physician and employer.
- Verification of insurance coverage facilitating entry and admissions into hospitals and other medical care providers.
- Special assistance in replacing lost or stolen travel documents, including passports.
- Location of knowledgeable legal referral assistance.
- Emergency funds transfer.
- Translation services and referrals to local interpreters as necessary.
- Coordination of securing bail bonds and other legal instruments.
- Courtesy assistance in securing incidental aid.
- Special assistance in the coordination of direct claim payment.
- Accounting Systems
- Campus Business Representatives
- Campus Financial Policies
- Employee Ethics and Public Records Management
- Financial Services Forms
- Gifts & Grants Administration
- Student Accounts and Cashiers
- University Handbook