Financial Services - Student Accounts/Cashiers

Tax Information

We want you to have quick, easy access to your 1098-T for educational tax credits.  It is important the University has accurate reporting information on file so you receive the form you need and the IRS receives the correct information. Please check your personal profile information on your Student Center page.  If your home address has changed or your SSN/ ITIN is either missing or invalid, look below for instructions:

Is your HOME address up to date?  If not, please contact the Registrar's Office 262-472-1570 or email them at 

If your Social Security Number (SSN) or the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) on your student account is either missing or invalid, you will not receive your 1098-T.  The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires all colleges and universities to request SSNs or ITIN's from enrolled students in order to comply with Form 1098-T reporting requirements that pertain to educational tax credits (pursuant to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.)

The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is requesting that you provide us with this information.  Please follow the link to the proper form on the Registrar's website

Be sure to continue to check your UW-Whitewater email after graduation as we will continue to send important communications to you.