skip navigation

Unclassified Leave of Absence Without Pay

A faculty/academic staff member may request approval for a leave of absence without pay. Requests for a leave of absence without pay must be submitted to the department chairperson/supervisor for approval and forwarded to the Dean/Division Head, Provost, and Chancellor for approval.

If the leave involves a temporary appointment from an external agency, the faculty/academic staff member must notify the department chairperson/supervisor at the time of submitting the application to the off-campus agency. The department chairperson/supervisor shall inform the dean/division head.

Deadlines for requests for a leave of absence without pay that do not involve an external agency are September 1 for the following spring semester and February 1 for the following fall semester.
arrow Background Checks
arrow Change of Status
arrow Diversity
arrow Diversity - HR Information
arrow Employee Earnings Statement (My UW System)
arrow Employee Resources
arrow Employment
arrow FMLA
arrow Furloughs
arrow HRS
arrow Insurance Forms
arrow Manager Resources
arrow New Employee Resources
arrow Payroll & Benefits
arrow Training & Development
800 West Main Street
Hyer Hall 330
Whitewater, WI 53190
Phone: 262-472-1024
Fax: 262-472-5668

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Choose Whitewater - Live.Learn.Work.Play