Human Resources & Diversity
New Employee Resources
|The Human Resources and Diversity Department is pleased to welcome you as a new member of the UWW campus community. As an institution, we are committed to: 1) advancing knowledge and understanding; 2) growing and developing each individual; 3) fostering personal and professional integrity; 4) serving others; and 5) developing a sense of community, respect for diversity, and global perspectives. Each of us, regardless of our position title or job function, can contribute to UWW's mission and values by striving to fulfill these important initiatives in a unified and caring manner. In essence, that is who we are and why we are here.
Human Resources and Diversity (HR&D) has compiled some links and resources that we hope will make your first weeks and months at UWW less frenzied, more organized and structured. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment here please feel free to contact us. We will connect you with an HR&D staff member dedicated to assisting you.
Again, welcome to the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. We're glad that you're here. We all have many functions within our jobs, but the principal function of HR&D is to assist, develop, and advocate for our employees. Please give us that opportunity; we promise to do our best to fulfill it.
Human Resources and Diversity
Required Hiring Forms/Links:
- I-9 Form and Instructions (Please complete section 1. Section 2 will need to be completed by a campus representative who views the employee's original documents listed on page 5.)
- Form W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Direct Deposit
- Criminal Background Check
- Compliance Form - Instructions
- Staff Intake form (Faculty/Academic Staff only)
- Self Service Instructions (Adjust work/home address/phone, emergency contacts, online directory privacy options, and more.)
- Calendar (Click on "Calendar" to select a campus calendar.)
- Campus Map
- Preventing Sexual Harassment information and training
- Viewing your Earnings Statement
- Faculty and Academic Staff Personnel Guidelines
- Academic Affairs (Provost)
- New Employee Checklist for Supervisors [Classified]
- University Staff Connection
- University Staff Pay Schedule and Legal Holidays
- Unclassified Pay Schedule and Legal Holidays
- UW-W Security Report
- Local Social Security Office
Total Compensation Calculator - For potential and current state employees: Are you curious about the value of benefits UW-Whitewater offers? Now you can receive an estimate by going to a new UW System web site: http://www.uwsa.edu/hr/benefits/compest/ The Total Compensation Estimator is an online tool that provides you a personal estimate of your total compensation from UW-Whitewater. Please go to the website and give it a try in order to learn the total value of your compensation package.
The Warhawk Real Estate Foundation ("Foundation") is an entity separate from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater that owns a number of vacant lots within the City of Whitewater. The Foundation has created the Faculty & Staff Down Payment Assistance Program to help the University with its stated goal to "attract, retain and support sufficient numbers of faculty and staff who are committed to innovatively promoting student learning and fostering student success.
Coming Soon: Self Service.
Self Service will revolutionize the way UW employees manage their personnel information by putting it at their fingertips where they can access it anytime. Currently, employees can find their earnings, tax, and benefits statements in the My UW System Portal. Self Service will utilize these pre-existing online functions and take information delivery to the next level. Functions of Self Service include:
- eProfile to update personal information.
- Online Benefits Enrollment for new hires and 2012 fall annual enrollment period.
- Easy access to important payroll documents.
- Online time entry for classified staff (phased rollout through 2012) and student hourly workers.
- Electronic time sheets approval for manager online.
- The ability to track leave balances and submit leave requests to managers online, and managers will have the ability to view and approve requests online.
- The ability to update current TSA contributions.
- Viewing dependent personal information, including a summary of dependent coverage.
My UW System will be a one-stop-shop for employee personnel and job relate information.