The Office of Internal Audit is an independent function established to assist all levels of institutional management in assuring internal and external parties that the University's financial resources are being properly managed and effectively and efficiently accounted for; that assets are safeguarded and that the institution is complying with the applicable UW System Administration (UWSA) policies as well as applicable governmental law and regulations.
We also seek to support the values and mission of the University community by providing independent and objective management evaluations, identifying actual or potential problems, providing corrective guidance, and developing management recommendations.
- Internal Audit is an independent and objective review unit within the University management structure.
- It delivers advisory and explorative services to customers.
- It is highly responsive to customer needs to achieve the greatest benefit for the University.
- It is a resource for understanding internal and external regulations affecting the University.
- It recognizes change as a critical process in the development of the institution as a premiere regional university.
- It develops and maintains technology as a tool to provide efficient and effective services.
- It participates in the learning process by providing student learning experiences.