How To Apply
We are happy you are considering the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. We are proud of our campus and look forward to the opportunity to assist you. If you have questions that are not covered in this web site, you may contact us any time.
- Determine which type of applicant you are, such as:
- a freshman applicant: no post-secondary school attendance after high school;
- a transfer applicant: attended another institution after high school , no matter how long ago;
- a re-entry applicant: you’ve attended UW-Whitewater and wish to return;
- a transfer/re-entry application: you’ve attended another school since leaving UW-Whitewater and now wish to transfer back; or
- a special student: you are pursuing a second undergraduate degree; you are taking a course(s) that does not count toward a degree; i.e., Teacher Licensure or Certification; or you are taking required courses to enter into a graduate program.
If you wish to apply to one of our 100% Online Degrees, please apply as a transfer or readmit student, as applicable. The application does not have a question specifically for this major. Please include your intent to enroll in this program in your statement so that we may process it correctly.
- Log-in to the online application at http://apply.wisconsin.edu .
- Select "UW-Whitewater" from the menu.
- The "smart" application will ask you all applicable questions depending on your personal situation.
- Remember to click "SUBMIT" at the end of the application.
- Submit $44 USD application fee (unless you are directly transferring from a 2yr UW campus, have attended UW-Whitewater in the past or are applying as a special student not seeking a degree). You may pay the fee online at the time of application (or a later time by logging back in) or by mail with a personal check payable to UW Whitewater Admissions and mailed to our office.
- If military experience, submit a copy of DD214 or military transcript such as the AARTS/SMART or Community College of the Air Force for possible transfer credit for military experience.
- Note: You do not need to submit any official transcripts previously submitted to our office. Feel free to call and confirm that your previously submitted transcript(s) are still on file.
Please have institutions send official transcripts to:
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Roseman Building, Room 2060
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190-1791
Q: What is an official transcript?
A: An official transcript must come from the original institution in a sealed envelope.
We have created a PDF Checklist that is available for download and can be printed and/or saved for your convenience.
WANT MORE details?
Transfer students interested in more details regarding transfer credit, policies, articulation agreements and more detailed information: http://www.uww.edu/admissions/transfer
Readmit or re-entry students: we’re glad you want to come back to campus! Check out the re-entry page for more details on being readmitted, appealing dismissals and more: http://www.uww.edu/admissions/reentry