Adult & Non-Traditional Student Links
PRIOR LEARNING CREDIT & Course Auditing
Credit for Prior Learning
We know as a nontraditional student you bring life and career experience to the classroom. Here is your chance to earn credit for it! http://www.uww.edu/aso/prior-learning
Please contact the Registrar's office if you are interested in auditing a course (taking a course for no credit).
UW - Whitewater
800 West Main Street
Roseman Building Room 2032
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790.
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (262) 472-1570
Students who wish to audit courses must obtain the audit registration form from the Registrar's Office, acquire the instructor's written approval (and, in some cases, the department's), and return the completed form to the Registrar's Office by the published deadline to add classes. Students registering for audit courses may do so on a space available basis and cannot change the courses to graded basis during the term of enrollment. Off-campus courses, College of Business and Economics courses, and Distance Education courses cannot be audited. Auditing of Art department courses may be limited.
- Wisconsin residents will pay 30% of the normal per unit resident academic fee and non-residents will pay 50% of the normal non-resident fee per the fee chart. No audit fees will be assessed disabled Wisconsin residents who are receiving federal old age survivors and disability insurance benefits (OASDI) under 42 USC 401 to 433, or Wisconsin residents age 60 or over.
- Students must contact the Registrar's Office (262/472-1570) prior to the start of term regarding their intent to register. Students will be registered (with instructor permission) beginning the week immediately prior to the start of the term.
- Any special course fees other than the normal tuition charges will be assessed and paid by the student.
- An audit grade symbol (X) will be recorded on the academic record provided the instructor reports satisfactory attendance.
- Access to University services will be limited to the library and to non-segregated fee funded activities of the University Center. A special identification card for audit-only students will permit this limited access.
- Regent, University, and Student Government regulations applying to other students will apply equally to audit-only enrollees.
- Students having a disability for which they would like to request a reasonable accommodation to assure access to campus programs, activities and services should contact the Office of Students with Disabilities, R 1004, or call 262/472-4711 for more information.
Audit and Credit Combination Enrollees
Students who are taking a combination of courses for regular credit and for audit will pay the regular fees for all units based upon the fee chart. The following stipulations will also apply:
- Students wishing to audit courses must obtain the audit registration form from the Registrar's Office, acquire the instructor's written approval, and return the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
- No credit will be granted for the course, but an audit grade symbol (X) will appear on the academic record provided the instructor reports satisfactory attendance.
- The audit course may be repeated for credit in another term.
- Audits do not count as units for veterans' benefit certification, financial aid consideration or verification of full-time status.