The UW-Whitewater Admissions Office invites you to campus for a free professional development opportunity on Friday, April 28, 2017. We know as high school counselors there is a balance between acquiring information about UW-Whitewater and also obtaining relevant resources in your field. This year our Counselor Education faculty and Admission Staff will offer sessions related to not only UW-Whitewater but also about topics within the counseling profession.
Proposed Sessions Topics:
1. Social-emotional needs/characteristics of gifted students by Dr. Wendy Johnson
2. Transition from Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model to the ASCA National Model
3. Wisconsin Reach Higher Work
4. WI School Counselor Evaluation System
5. Youth Mental Health Framework/School-Based Suicide Prevention Overview
6. Tools and Technology
The event runs from 8:30am to 3:00pm. RSVP here.
2016 Summit Schedule available here. Check back in April for session descriptions.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Sarah Duesterbeck at email@example.com or (262) 472-3159.