2013-2015 Academic Staff Salary Plan

2013-2015 Academic Staff Salary Plan

Academic Staff Salary Plan

Any pay plan of 2.0% or less will be distributed based upon solid performance and merit.  The Academic Staff Assembly ratified the following procedures to be implemented if the pay plan is higher than 2.0% (on an annual basis).

  1. SOLID PERFORMANCE:
    Fifty percent of the available pay plan amount will be used to provide a solid performance award to the individual salaries of all eligible academic staff whose satisfactory performance has been certified by their immediate supervisor. Those academic staff not performing satisfactorily will not be eligible to receive this distribution.

  2. MERIT:
    Fifty percent of the pay plan funds will be distributed in a single category of merit. The available merit money will be allocated and distributed to merit pools as a percentage of salary bases in each of the pools. For instructional and non-instructional academic staff, merit pools will be administered at the departmental or unit level. Only academic staff receiving solid performance reviews qualify.

  3. PROMOTIONS:
    Academic Staff Instructional Promotions will be funded through the salary increases originally targeted for the non-continuing (resigned or retired) academic staff. Any shortfall will next come from pay plan savings transferred to the contingency fund in the previous year(s). Finally, any remaining balance will be taken off the top of UW-Whitewater’s total pay plan allocation for academic staff.

    Promotion to Level 4 Academic Staff $2,000
    Promotion to Level 3 Academic Staff $1,550
    Promotion to Level 2 Academic Staff $1,100

  4. TERMINAL DEGREE:
    Salary base adjustment of $1,100 shall be awarded for the completion of a terminal degree. Funding will be provided through the salary increases originally targeted for non-continuing (resigned or retired) academic staff. Any shortfall will next come from pay plan savings transferred to the contingency fund in the previous year(s). Finally, any remaining balance will be taken off the top of UW-Whitewater’s total pay plan allocation for academic staff. (This category is not intended to cover contingencies placed in contracts at the time of initial hire).

  5. LENGTH OF PAY PLAN:
    This plan is a two-year pay plan. Ratings given to continuing academic staff in the first year will be the same ratings used in the second year. Academic staff who were not employed during the merit rating period (and therefore do not have a merit rating), shall be awarded the average merit percentage in addition to their solid performance increase. For example, in a year with a 4.2% pay increase, the unrated academic staff person will receive the solid performance award of 2.1% plus the 2.1% merit increase.

  6. IMPLEMENTATION FOR NON – INSTRUCTIONAL ACADEMIC STAFF:
    Each department/office and its academic staff will formulate the criteria and formula for awarding merit dollars that assures a differentiation for different levels of performance. Copies of the agreed criteria shall be forwarded to the Dean or Division Head and the Provost. Job performance will be the primary component in determining merit based upon specific assignments in the job description. Other areas of contributions which exceed defined assignments may be considered.

  7. IMPLEMENTATION/EXAMPLE FOR INSTRUCTIONAL ACADEMIC STAFF:
    Each department/office and its AS will formulate the criteria and formula for awarding merit dollars that assures a differentiation for different levels of performance. Copies of the agreed criteria shall be forwarded to the Dean or Provost. Job performance will be the primary component in determining merit based upon specific assignments in the job description. Other areas of contributions which exceed defined assignments may be considered. For example,teaching effectiveness may be 80% of the total. The remaining 20% would be based on other criteria, such as service, involvement in student organizations, etc.

Location

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790
Directory Assistance: 262.472.1234

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Top 100 Workplaces 2014

Follow Us

  • Flickr
  • Flickr
54.90.158.245
http://www.uww.edu/