Within This Section
Children's Daycare Center
UW-Whitewater Children's Center offers year round full day child care for children from ages 12 weeks up to 6 years.
- A state licensed program accredited by the National Association of Young Children.
- Our program's philosophy is that children learn through hands on; inquiry based open ended activities.
- Accepts state childcare subsidy.
- Childcare subsidy information
- To register your child, complete the application found on the Children's Center website. The application cannot be submitted until the first day of the semester before you want your child to attend the center. For example, fall 2012 applications will be accepted the first day of the spring 2012 semester.
Off Campus Childcare - The Learning Depot II
The Learning Depot II Child Care Center is located at 560 Elkhorn Road in Whitewater. The Center's philosophy is that children learn best by doing. Children learn through active participation with hands-on experiences through exploration, discovery, and learning. The Learning Depot is state licensed with certified professional staff, nutritious meals and snacks, and offers an educational program, for children ages 1 month to 12 years of age. The Center is open, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. - 6p.m. Call (262-472-9666) or stop in today! Inquire about their Drop-In Services!
Resources for Nursing Mothers
Lactation Room - Breastfeeding
The Lactation Room is located in Hyland Hall - Room 1006 provides private space where lactating mothers are welcome to pump or nurse. Lactation Room access requests should be made in the Online Education and Technology Support Center located in Hyland Hall - Room 3001.
KiD-Friendly Areas on Campus
UW-Whitewater Andersen Library - Children's Area
Andersen Library features a newly remodeled Children's Area on the library's second floor. The Children's Area contains children's books, music, videos, cd's, interactive learning games, a television and even k-12 textbooks. * Children must be supervised.
Family Friendly Activities in Whitewater
City of Whitewater - Parks and Recreation Department
Just as the University of Wisconsin of Whitewater is an exceptional place to learn, this website is intended to be a great place to browse and gather information on recreational opportunities for you and your family to take part in around the city of Whitewater.
http://www.whitewater-wi.gov/ Click on Departments - Parks and Recreation for more information.