Adopted April 1993
The mission of the College of Arts and Communication is to provide high quality comprehensive undergraduate and select graduate education under the guidance of faculty committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, creative activities and service. Hands-on experience is a cornerstone of the college's approach to undergraduate education.
In order to serve the goals of liberal and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level, the College is committed to:
- Providing a stimulating intellectual environment for the acquisition of critical knowledge in the arts and communication.
- Promoting integration, synthesis and multi-disciplinary efforts among the departments of the College.
- Developing students' ability to apply skills and theories in a variety of professional settings.
- Offering up-to-date facilities, equipment and expertise to students for their areas of specialization.
- Providing frequent opportunities both on and off campus for students to encounter/interact with professionals in their fields.
- Fostering the development and appreciation of effective, ethical and aesthetic communication skills.
- Broadening and intensifying experiences in the visual and performing arts.
- Imparting an awareness of the cultural and social values of the arts and communication to all university students.
- Serving as a cultural, formational and educational resource for the region.