The Royal Purple is an awarding-winning, independent student newspaper at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Since 1901 The Royal Purple has shaped campus culture by creating and nurturing relationships between the campus and surrounding communities.
WSUW has been broadcasting from the UW-Whitewater campus since 1966. We broadcast at a frequency of 91.7 megahertz on the FM dial with 1,300 watts of power. That is strong enough to be picked up in the surrounding areas of Whitewater such as Palmyra, Fort Atkinson, East Troy and Watertown.
UWWTV has the latest in news, sports, special events, and entertainment programming designed for the students of the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater and the greater Whitewater community. Watch us on 100.1 on the UWW campus and channel 989 on Charter Cable.
Wisconsin Community Media "Best in the Midwest Media Fest 2018"
UWW-TV placed first (Excellence) in five categories:
- Sports Programming: Warhawk Sports Saturday (football edition, fall 2018) - produced by Calvin Bush, Cody Keip, Joe Kubicki, Ashe McDarison and Jason Nichols
- Sports Broadcasting: Warhawk Football vs. Eau Claire - Kolton Hegstrom, Connor Moore and Adam Reed
- Public Service Announcement: The Warhawk Way - produced by Abigail Werner
- Magazine-Style/News Program: Double Jump Gaming News - produced by Jason Nichols
- Documentary/Feature Program: Duties and Responsibilities of a CSO - produced by Scotia White
three 2nd place (Achievement) awards (plaques):
- How-To/Instructional Program: Dorm Improvement - produced by Joe Kubicki and Matt Mahoney
- TV Series: Melancholy - produced by Ashe McDarison
- Personality Program: Sports and Moore - produced by Scotia White and Matt Coplien
For the third year in a row, UW-Whitewater also captured the top prize for "Best in Show - Student Production" for Duties and Responsibilities of a CSO - produced by Scotia White.