Department of Music
Quick Links for Prospective Students
So you want to study music, and you think UW-Whitewater might be a good fit for you. Choosing the right college program is a big decision, so we know you have lots of questions. Here you'll find a lot of information to help you answer some of the things you're wondering about - from visiting campus to auditions and financial aid.
- How do I become a music student at UW-Whitewater? General admission information, online application, and more information on the audition process for majors and minors
- How do I audition? An audition is necessary to become a music major or minor. You'll find more information about that here.
- What can I study? The Department of Music offers two undergraduate degrees with five areas of emphasis, plus a minor and three certificates
- What kind of financial aid is available? The Music Department offers scholarships to incoming students, and aid is available from other University sources as well
- Will I be able to play outside the classroom? Absolutely! There are a variety of vocal and instrumental ensembles to match your interests
- I already have a college degree but I want to teach... then you might be interested in our special post-baccalaureate certification!