Department of Music
Here current students will find many resources they will need during the course of their education, including advising information, department policies, and ways to finance their education. If you don't find the information you need on our site, please contact our office.
- Music Department Handbook - Students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with information found here. The handbook is updated as policies change or as added, and all enrolled majors and minors, regardless of admission date, are bound by policies outlined in the most recent revision of this document.
- Recital Attendance Policy - Music students are expected to attend public music performances regularly. Read an updated version of our recital policy.
- A Guide to Success for Music Education Students - Make sure you're doing everything you need to earn your degree and teaching license on time
- Field Experience - Students looking to be music educators must complete a certain amount of professional service hours before applying to the College of Education and Professional Studies
- Academic Advising - A guide to your most frequently asked questions about Music Department Academic Advising
- Studio Lessons - Different types of studio lessons available to students and how to register.
- Ensembles - Instrumental and vocal ensembles to fit any interest
- Declaring a Music Minor - basic qualifications and information on the audition process
- Special Post-Baccalaureate Licensure - for students who already have a Music degree but would like to earn licensure.
- Enrolled UW-Whitewater students who have not yet auditioned - instructions and considerations before becoming a music major
- Guidelines for Probationary Music Majors - What does probationary status mean?
- Writing Proficiency Requirements - Music students must demonstrate writing proficiency before graduation. Information on ways to fulfill that requirement.
- Useful Forms - Download copies of advising forms, scholarships application and more.
- Scholarship Guidelines - Information on the Music Department Scholarship program, and University-wide aid opportunities.
Department of Music