UW-Whitewater students can take advantage of programs and courses offered by both the University Health and Counseling Services and the Warhawk Fitness program.
The Counseling Center provides:
- Individual, group, and couples counseling focusing on stress management, anxiety, depression, goal setting, peer pressure, grief and loss, roommate conflicts, relationships with friends and family, dating, body image issues, and problems associated with alcohol or other drugs.
- Emergency services. Same-day appointments are available for students undergoing crises calling for immediate attention (e.g. suicidal thoughts, physical or sexual assault, alcohol or other drug use, other crisis situations)
- Educational, skill building, or therapeutic group experiences for areas like assertiveness training, study skills, communication skills, time management, adult children of alcoholics, physical/sexual assault, grief and loss).
- The UHCS website links students to services, information, or self-assessment tools covering over 15 areas of interest to college students: alcohol use, anorexia/bulimia, depression, anxiety, women's health, men's health, mental health, sexual assault, spirituality, smoking, exercise, mental health, weight control, contraception.
The Health Center specializes in the unique needs of college students and offers a wide range of services, including:
- Treatment for illnesses & minor injuries, including laboratory tests and medications
- Massage therapy
- Contraceptives, including the morning after pill
- Annual GYN examinations
- STD & HIV testing
- Individualized smoking cessation sessions
- Travel medicine
- Allergy injections
- Referrals to specialists
University Health and Counseling Services
Warhawk Fitness offers facilities and programs ranging from the Williams Center Weight Room, University Fitness Center, Group Fitness and Cycling, and Personal Training. Objectives place an emphasis on empowering participants with self-confidence, providing a comfortable, safe and fun environment while promoting over all well-being of mind, body and soul.
University Recreation Sports and Facilities - Warhawk Fitness