- Fully equipped Proscenium theatre.
- ETC Obsession II light control, dimmer per circuit system, with inventory of 350+ fixtures
- Sound system with 32 channel board, wireless microphones.
- Fully trapped stage with orchestra pit and fly system.
- Audience capacity of 412
- Home to six productions for the Theatre/Dance Department throughout the academic year: three plays, a children's tour, a musical or opera, and a dance concert.
Barnett Theatre was named after Wynett Barnett, who was chair of the Theatre Department when it was located in Old Main. Old Main burned down in February of 1971, and the Center of the Arts was built in the fall of that year. Dr. Barnett was an Omicron Associate for Zeta Phi Eta, a national professional fraternity in Communication Arts and Sciences, from 1932 until 1943. There is also a theatre scholarship in Dr. Barnett's name for the following categories: performance, technical, costume, and dance, and the all around student.