Light Recital Hall
Dr. Raymond E. Light served a Music Department faculty member at UW-Whitewater from 1954 until he retired in 1982. He became the Director of Vocal Music and established the Concert Choir, which is among the best in Wisconsin. Dr. Light was the founding Dean of the College of Arts, and in 1971, he supervised the design and the completion of the Greenhill Center of the Arts.
Dr. Light proved to be an outstanding teacher, receiving the W.P. Roseman Excellence in Teaching Award in 1968. He passed away on February 14, 1994, and shortly after, his family established three scholarships in his name. The scholarships are awarded every year in art, music, and theatre.