2017 Track and Field Clinic has Concluded.
Check back in November for details on how to join us next year!
Track and Field: Learn-By-Doing Clinic 2017
UW-Whitewater's annual Learn-By-Doing clinic will return once again this February, bigger and better than ever! Instruction is for beginner through advanced athletes, grades 9-12.
- Throws (shot put & discus)
- Long Jump / Triple Jump
- High Jump
- Pole Vault
9:00-10:00am - Registration check-in, Kachel Fieldhouse
10:00-10:15am - Introductions
10:15-12:15pm - Session 1
12:15-1:00pm - Lunch Break
1:00-3:00pm - Session 2
- Sprint and jump spikes will be allowed. Please note they can only be pyramid spikes less than 1/4”, no trees, pins, or needles.
- Athletes should bring their own poles and throwing implements. UW-Whitewater will not provide this equipment.
- Athletes can move to a different event group after the break and between sessions, but may not move once a session has started.
- Lunch will be "on your own." Feel free to bring a lunch if you do not wish to leave the facility. There are multiple options within a 5 minute drive as well as a microwave on the second floor of the facility for you to use.
- Please bring a completed clinic health form to check in, located here (word version) or here (PDF version).
Enrollment will be limited to the first 100 registrants (including teams).
For further information, contact us by email at email@example.com.
Cost Information (includes registration and snack)
- $20 - Coaches (includes clinic notes packet)
- $60 - Early Registration (now until Feb 1)
- $75 - After Feb. 1
- $80 - On-site registration (Feb. 12 starting at 9:00 a.m.)
Permits are not required to park in campus lots on the weekends. More information on parking can be found on the Visitor Center website.
A campus map can be found here. DLK Kachel Fieldhouse is labeled “KF” and can be located near C3 on the map.
Each camper will be covered by a limited accident insurance policy. The insurance includes primary coverage up to $7,500 and $300 maximum dental insurance. Insurance does not cover pre-existing injuries and is for accidents only. The cost of insurance is included in the registration fee.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is committed to equal opportunity in its educational programs, activities and employment policies, for all persons, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, Vietnam-era veteran status, parental status and pregnancy.
If you have any disabling condition that requires special accommodations or attention, please advise us well in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your special needs.
I understand that the University may take photographs and or videos of event participants and activities. I agree that the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shall be the owner of and may use such photographs and or videos relating to the promotion of future events. I relinquish all rights that I may claim in relation to use of said photographs and/or videos.