Other Camps and Events
Fall Choral Festival
October 12, 2012
- Individual Performance of Participating Choirs in Light Recital Hall
- Clinics by UW-W Choral Faculty
- Coachings by UW-W Voice Faculty for Outstanding Student Soloists
- Performances by the UW-W Chamber Singers
- Festival Massed Choir Rehearsals & Recording Session
When: Friday, October 12, 2012, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Where: Greenhill Center of the Arts Light Recital Hall
Cost: $6.00 per singer in your choir, plus music (see below)
Massed Choir Repertoire
- Gloria (from Mass in Time of War) by Joseph Haydn, SATB
Download score from http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hayd-092.pdf
We will use pp. 1-6 of the pdf only (mm. 1–124)—you do not need to print the entire file. Make as many copies as you need for your choir. Please make double-sided copies, or staple/tape single-sided together to make double-sided music. Attach the pages together along the left side. No single-sided, corner-stapled copies, please!
- Erev Shel Shoshanim (Evening of Roses) by Josef Hadar, arr. Jack Klebano, SATB
Plank Road Publishing, Inc. (Order from your favorite sheet music dealer.)
- Down By the Riverside, arr. Rosephayne Powell, SSATB
Hal Leonard 08752950 (Order from your favorite sheet music dealer.)
Registrations will be accepted until the festival is filled.
Sharri VanAlstine and I are excited about this fall’s festival. We are looking forward to working with the massed choir on the three pieces we have selected, which we hope will provide a rewarding experience for you and your choirs during the learning process and, especially, when we come together to perform them at UW-Whitewater on October 12. We are also looking forward to hearing your choirs perform individually.
This year’s festival will once again take place in the Music Department’s Light Recital Hall, one of southern Wisconsin’s finest mid-sized concert halls. As in previous years, outstanding student soloists from your choir will have the opportunity to be coached by UW-W voice faculty. Students who are interested should prepare two selections, one of which must be an art song or aria (any language). There is no separate registration fee for this program, but interested students must fill out a separate Outstanding Soloist Registration form (attached) and return it by October 5.
Please return your Festival Registration Form via US Mail by October 5 to:
Fall Choral Festival
Continuing Education Services
Roseman Bldg. Room 2005
Whitewater, WI 53190
For more information about any aspect of the Festival, please contact Robert Gehrenbeck (see contact information below).
Fall Choral Festival Coordinator
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Whitewater, WI 53190
- 8:00-9:00 am: Registration (Lobby of Greenhill Center of the Arts)
- 9:00-9:20 am: Seating in Light Recital Hall
- 9:20-10:30 am: Warm-up and Festival Choir Rehearsal
- 10:30-noon: High School Choir Performances & Clinics + Perfomance by UW-W Chamber Singers
- 12:00-1:15 pm: Lunch for students (many fast food restaurants nearby)
- 1:15-1:30 pm: Return to Light Recital Hall
- 1:30-3:15 pm: Festival Choir Rehearsal
- 3:15-3:30 pm: Festival Choir Concert & Recording
Each camper will be covered by a limited accident insurance policy. The insurance includes primary coverage up to $7,500 and $300 maximum dental insurance. Insurance does not cover pre-existing injuries and is for accidents only. The cost of insurance is included in the registration fee.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is committed to equal opportunity in its educational programs, activities and employment policies, for all persons, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, Vietnam-era veteran status, parental status and pregnancy.
If you have any disabling condition that requires special accommodations or attention, please advise us well in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your special needs.
I understand that the University may take photographs and or videos of event participants and activities. I agree that the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shall be the owner of and may use such photographs and or videos relating to the promotion of future events. I relinquish all rights that I may claim in relation to use of said photographs and/or videos.