Other Camps and Events
This event has concluded.
January 25, 2015
On Sunday, January 25, 2015, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater will host its third annual Trombone Day from 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. at the Light Recital Hall in the Greenhill Center of the Arts Building. Middle school trombonists (grades 7-8), high school trombonists (grades 9-12), college trombonists, adult-amateur and professional level trombonists are all eligible to participate in University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's Trombone Day. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater alumni are also welcome to participate in the day's events. Trombone Day 2015 will feature trombonist Peter Ellefson
- 9:15 - 10:00 a.m. Check In and Registration
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. Group Warm-up Sessions
- 10:45 - 12:00 p.m. Rehearsal
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Break
- 1:00 - 1:50 p.m. Rehearsal
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Peter Ellefson Recital
- 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Peter Ellefson Master Class
- 5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Visit Vendors
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Final Concert
Registration Fee: $25.00
The $25.00 covers your ticket to Mr. Ellefson's recital, master class, materials and all of the day’s events.
Please register by Friday, January 23, 2015. For online information, go to: Trombone Registration See registration form to register online, by mail, phone or fax.
Ensemble placement for the final concert will be based on ability level (i.e. middle school, high school, college, adult-amateur, professional).
What Should You Bring?
- Friends and Family
- Bag lunch or money to purchase lunch. Plenty of restaurants are within walking distance of the Center of the Arts.
- Participate in one of the Participant Trombone Choirs
- Recital by Peter Ellefson
- Master class by Peter Ellefson
- Group warm-up session with Dr. Michael Dugan
- Shop the exhibit area for instruments, sheet music and accessories.
- Final concert featuring the Participant Trombone Choirs
Featured Artist and Faculty
Each camper will be covered by a limited accident insurance policy. The insurance includes primary coverage up to $7,500 and $300 maximum dental insurance. Insurance does not cover pre-existing injuries and is for accidents only. The cost of insurance is included in the registration fee.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is committed to equal opportunity in its educational programs, activities and employment policies, for all persons, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, Vietnam-era veteran status, parental status and pregnancy.
If you have any disabling condition that requires special accommodations or attention, please advise us well in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your special needs.
I understand that the University may take photographs and or videos of event participants and activities. I agree that the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shall be the owner of and may use such photographs and or videos relating to the promotion of future events. I relinquish all rights that I may claim in relation to use of said photographs and/or videos.