Registration - Steps
The following are the steps taken when a student applies at the Children's Center. Good luck and please understand that we have a small center so we can not possibly meet the needs of all those who apply.
- Pick up an application at your convenience. The application
is also available electronically. The application cannot be turned in until the first day of the semester before you want your child to attend the Center. -- Example: Fall 2012 applications will be accepted the first day of the Spring 2012 semester. Complete the application. If you do not know what your schedule will be, sign up for the best estimate of the schedule you anticipate you may need. Please inform us as soon as possible if you plan to reduce your child's scheduled time because there may be many others waiting for an opening. It may be difficult to add blocks of time.
- Bring the application, along with registration fee to the office. If the application is not complete (all lines completed), it will be returned to the family and date it is turned in will be the date that all of the information is supplied (not the date it was initially turned in).
- The director starts the enrollment process at the designated date (call 262-472-1768 or see calendar for exact dates). As stated previously, students receive priority for blocks of time. Enrollment forms are processed according to the date they are received.
- Letters are sent to families confirming enrollment or status on the waiting list. If families want any schedule changes, those must be done in writing including the dropping of childcare services completely. If parents do not let the Center know that the child will not be attending the Center, the parent is still responsible for payment of childcare.
- For families with children on the waiting list, the family will be notified if space becomes available. Quite often, it is not possible for a family to receive all of the requested blocks of time. If space opens up and the family does not accept it because the need all of the requested times, the child will be put back on the waiting list, and the next child will be offered the position.
- Children will remain on the waiting list throughout the semester unless a space opens up for them in the classroom or if the family requests that their name be taken off the list.
- Children who have remained on the waiting list for entire semester will receive priority for the next semester (before the children who have not been on the waiting list).
- Once your enrollment form is turned in be sure to notify the Childrens Center of any contact information changes. We cannot hold spaces for families that we cannot reach and families who are enrolled and do not notify us of the need to withdrawal their application will still be held liable for tuition and fees.