SEAL defines collaboration as 2 or more departments/organizations that partner to plan and implement a program or event. This may or may not involve financial support.
In order for groups to collaborate with SEAL requests must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the event and the following must occur:
In order to collaborate with SEAL group’s responsibilities include:
- Provide 2 contacts for your organization
- Meet with SEAL Manager 3 weeks before event
- Assist with publicity (hanging posters, butcher blocks, etc.)
- Provide 2 organization members to assist with event staffing
- Assist with room set-up
- Attend pre-event meeting (30 minutes before the start of event)
- Provide a script to serve as the introduction at the event
- Handle all cash and merchandise sales
- Assist with clean-up
- Student Organization must initiate contact with SEAL at least 6 weeks prior to event.
- Student Organization will be contacted by the SEAL Manager within 48 hours of contacting SEAL to set up a meeting.
- The SEAL Manager and Student Organization will meet to discuss the event details and fill out a Collaboration Form. (see reverse)
- The SEAL Manager will present the collaboration request at the next SEAL Staff meeting where SEAL will decide if they would like to more forward with the collaboration.
- The SEAL Manager will communicate SEAL’s decision with the Organization within 48 hours of the SEAL meeting.
- If the collaboration has been agreed upon, the SEAL Manger will determine which SEAL Intern will be the primary contact for the event.
- That Intern will follow through on all aspects of collaboration.