Biological sciences students have opportunities for gaining practical experience in a variety of areas. They may participate in a field practicum through an intern program that earns up to 9 credits toward the degree. Paid internships are available with state, federal and private agencies in field or laboratory situations.
We also encourage students to develop new internship partnerships based on their interests. Please contact the internship coordinator to discuss options.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Bruce Eshelman
Potential Internship Opportunities:
- Standard Process Whole Food Supplements
- new internship program and opportunities for research students
- UHCS Internships
- health internships here on campus
- DNR Internship page
- positions often appear in late winter and early spring
- Marshfield Clinic
- Abbott Labs Internships
- Racine Zoo Internships
-our students have had great experiences here--a wonderful program
- are recruiting UWW students for summer internships in Madison and elswhere--you can apply online but should apply ASAP
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- Madison Undergraduate Biology Summer Research Program
- opportunities often appear in early spring.
- Symbiosis Summer Program in Plant Pathology, Madison
- taking applications starting Dec. 1.
- NIH Summer Internships
- summer internships in molecular and medical research, nationwide
- NSF REU sites
- funded summer positions nationwide *Apply early*
- Homeland Security
- summer internships with homeland security (yes, really), Dec. 14 deadline
- U Nevada Las Vegas Environmental Microbiology
- a promising summer program that has specifically invited UWW students to apply; deadline March 2
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY Global Change Education Program (GCEP)
- Feb. 4 deadline; areas include atmospheric sciences, ecology, global carbon cycles, climate modeling, and terrestrial processes
- Medical College of Wisconsin Summer Program
- Wisconsin Humane Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- Whitewater Career Services Internships page
- Kelly Scientific
- scientific job placement service
- Student Conservation Association
- Washington Center
- internships in DC, but the student pays a significant part of the cost
- Wisconsin Wetlands Association
- paid and unpaid internships in invasive species control
- Wisconsin Audobon Society
- summer internships
- American Institute of Biological Sciences Careers/Internships Site
- a student suggested this site after finding it very helpful
Visit the Biology office in Upham Hall for information on more internships.
The Biology Department organizes many trips, including Yellowstone National Park.