November 15, 2012 Minutes
Present: David Cartwright, Eric Compas, Ellen Davis, Jolly Emrey, Chair Elizabeth Hachten, Angela Harlan, Sarah Hessenauer, Paul House, Pilar Melero, Kim Knesting-Lund for Elizabeth Olson, Molly Patterson, Steve Sahyun, Trudi Witonsky. Excused: Ellie Schemenauer, Matt Winden.
- The minutes of the November 1, 2012 were approved as distributed on a Davis/House motion.
The motion passed unanimously
- 2. Announcements:
- Liz Hachten asked if someone could attend the November 16 UCC meeting for Jolly Emrey who is unable to attend. Paul House graciously volunteered.
- Liz Hachten also reminded everyone that proposals will be due 11/28/12 for the 12/6/12 meeting.
- Bloom’s Taxonomy Action Verbs sheet was distributed. This may be helpful to faculty who need to articulate student learning objectives for new courses and/or programs.
- Discussion items from April 26, 2012 CCC meeting.
- Writing intensive guidelines were discussed. Committee members provided feedback on the preliminary report and described how their departments are implementing curricular and/or pedagogical initiatives to improve student writing in the disciplines. The sub-committee on writing intensive courses will make revisions in the report and bring it back to the committee for potential action and dissemination.
- Discussion of potential guidelines for upper level courses was tabled until next meeting.
- 4. The meeting was adjourned at 3:36 p.m. on a House/Sahyun motion.