Phone: (262) 472-1469
Location: Mcgraw 110
Associate Professor & Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (262) 472-5172
Location: Mcgraw 104C
The Computer Science faculty is involved in on-going and diverse research. Here are some examples of published papers and presentations:
•Zachary J. Oster "Efficient Satisfiability Verification for Conditional Importance Networks", to be published in proceedings of the ADT 2017, 5th International Conference on Alogrithmic Decision Analysis, Luxemburg.
•Sathya N. Ravi, Yunyang Xiong, Lopamudra Mukherjee, Vikas Singh, "Filter Flow Made Practical:Massively Parallel and Lock Free", Proceedings of Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), July, 2017.
• Nyia Lor, Cheng Thao, "Hmong Language Teaching Tool", submitted abstract to Hmong National Development Coonference, 2017.
• R. Meyer, A. Gunawardena, S. Samaranayake, C. Thao, "Dynamic Priority Scheduling for Automated College Degree Planning"; abstract presented at INFORM International Conference, Hawaii, 2016.
• Eugene Santos, Jr., Hien Nguyen, Jacob Russell, Joshua Day, Scott Pegelow, Alexis Greenstreeet; A Framework for Commander's Decision Making Processes by Exploiting Dynamic Contextual Information, Human Factor and Ergonomic Society annual meeting, September 2016.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Jennifer Fox, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, "Scaling of On-Demand Broadcast Scheduling in Stressed Networks", IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 64, No. 8, pp. 3419-3429, August 2016.
•Y. Cao, A. L. Nsakanda, M. Diaby, M. J. Armstrong (2015). "Rewards-Supply Planning Under Option Contracts in Managing Coalition Loyalty Programmes". International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 53, Issue 22, 2015.
• Lopamudra Mukherjee, Jiming Peng, Trevor Sigmund, Vikas Singh, "Network FLow Formulations for Learning Binary Hashing", Proceedings of European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Oct. 2016.
•Zachary J. Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam, and Samik Basu. "Scalable Modeling and Analysis of Requirements Preferences: A Qualitative Approach Using CI-Nets." 23rd IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'15), pages 214-219. IEEE, 2015.
•Lopamudra Mukherjee, Sathya N. Ravi, Vamsi K. Ithapu, Tyler Holmes, Vikas Singh, "An NMF Perspective on Binary Hashing", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Oct., 2015.
• Cheng Thao, Visual Editing and Debugging for Future Model, submitted to ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng) 2015.
•Jia Xu, Lopamudra Mukherjee, Yin Li, Jamieson Warner, James M. Rehg, Vikas Singh, "Gaze-enabled Egocentric Video Summarization via Constrained Submodular Maximization", Proceedings of Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June, 2015.
•Y. Cao, A. L. Nsakanda, and M. Diaby (2014). "Planning the Supply of Rewards with Cooperative Promotion Considerations in Coalition Loyalty Programmes Management". Journal of the Operational Research Society, doi: 10.1057/jors. 2014.81.
•Steven Coakley, Jacob Mischka and Cheng Thao; Version-aware Word Documents; Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on (Document) Changes: modeling, detection, storage and visualization, September 2014, ACM Colorado.
• Hien Nguyen, Eugene Santos Jr., "Hybrid User Model for Capturing a User's Information Seeking Intent", Book Chapter in Multimedia Services in Intelligent Environments Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Volume 24, pp 31-63, 2013.
• Zachary J. Oster. "Reasoning with Qualitative Preferences to Develop Optimal Component-Based Systems"; ACM Student Research Competition at International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2013.
• Cheng Thao, Tien Nguyen, Ethan Munson, Managing the Evolution of Web Based Applications with WebSCM, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance, Budapest, Hungary.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, "A Scalable Vehicular Network Architecture for Traffic Information", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 31, No. 9, pp. 85-93, September 2013.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Sankardas Roy, Jiang Li, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, "Minimizing the Average Delay of Messages in Pigeon Networks", IEEE Transactions on Communications, Minimizing the Average Delay of Messages in Pegeon Networks", IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 61, No. 8, pp. 3349-3361. August 2013.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Message Scheduling and Delivery with Vehicular Communication Infrastructure, IEEE GLobal Communication Conference (GLOBECOM) 2013, Atlanda Georgia, December 9-12.
• Zhihui Shu, Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Adaptive Channel Allocation and Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, December 9-12.
• Feng Ye, Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Application-Aware Routing for Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Networks with Channel Bonding, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, December 9-12.
•Athula Gunawardena, Robert R. Meyer, "A Network Approach for Segmentation in Intensity Modulated Arc Therapy", Optimization Methods and Software, 28(2): 276-299 (2013).
• Feng Ye, Jiazhen Zhou, Yaoqing (Lamar) Yang, Hamid Sharif, and Yi Qian, Constructing Backbone of a Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Networks with Channel Bonding, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim, California, December 3-7.
• Zhihui Shu, Jiazhen Zhou, Yaoqing (Lamar) Yang, Hamid Sharif, and Yi Qian, Network Coding-aware Channel Allocation and Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim, California.
• Lopamudra Mukherjee, Vikas Singh, Jia Xu, Maxwell D. Collins; “Analyzing the Subspace Structure of Related Images: Concurrent Segmentation of Image Sets”, Presented at the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2012.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang, and Yi Qian; “Traffic Scheduling for Smart Grid in Rural Areas with Cognitive Radios“,Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2012, Anaheim, CA USA, December 3-7, 2012
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu, Xuping Zhang and Yi Qian; “Price and Output Control in a Community Power Network with Renewable Generations”, Proceedings of 2012 IEEE Third International Conference Smart Grid Communications, Tainan City, Taiwan, November 5-8, 2012.
• Athula Gunawardena, Robert R. Meyer, William L. Dougan, Patrick E. Monaghan and Choton Basu, "Optimal Selection of an Independent Set of Cliques in a Market Graph", International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research; 2012, Vol. 29, p281-285.
•Zachary Oster, Automating Analysis of Qualitative Preferences In Goal-Oriented Requirements Engineering, Presented at 26th IEEE/ACM International Confernce on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), 2011.
• Zachary J. Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam, and Samik Basu; Identifying Optimal Composite Services by Decomposing the Service Composition Problem; IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS) 2011.
• Cheng Thao, Ethan V. Munson; Flexible Support for Managing Evolving Software Product Lines, Presented at PLEASE'11 2011 ACM 978-4503-0584-6/11/05
• Cheng Thao and Ethan V. Munson Using Versioned Tree Data Structure, Change Detection and Node Identity for Three-way XML Merging, 10th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering, 2010
• Cheng Thao and Ethan V. Munson; Version Aware XML Documents, 11th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering, 2011.
• Zachary J. Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam, and Samik Basu; Decomposing the Service Composition Problem; IEEE European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS) 2010.
• Zachary J. Oster and Samik Basu; Extending Substitutability in Composite Services by Allowing Asynchronous Communication with Message Buffers; IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) 2009.
• Athula Gunawardena and Robert R. Meyer, Approximation and Segment Count Reduction in Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, IEEE conference proceedings, Industrial and Information Systems, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, (2006), 318-323.
Hien Nguyen, "Capturing User Intent for Analytic Process", UMAP '09 Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation, and Personalization: formerly UM and AH, 2009.