Academic Dept Assoc
Phone: (262) 472-1666
Location: Mcgraw 104
Phone: (262) 472-1469
Location: Mcgraw 110
Associate Professor & Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (262) 472-5172
The Computer Science faculty is involved in on-going and diverse research. Here are some examples of published papers and presentations:
•Zachary J. Oster "Efficient Satisfiability Verification for Conditional Importance Networks", to be published in proceedings of the ADT 2017, 5th International Conference on Alogrithmic Decision Analysis, Luxemburg.
• Nyia Lor, Cheng Thao, "Hmong Language Teaching Tool", submitted abstract to Hmong National Development Coonference, 2017.
• R. Meyer, A. Gunawardena, S. Samaranayake, C. Thao, "Dynamic Priority Scheduling for Automated College Degree Planning"; abstract presented at INFORM International Conference, Hawaii, 2016.
• Eugene Santos, Jr., Hien Nguyen, Jacob Russell, Joshua Day, Scott Pegelow, Alexis Greenstreeet; A Framework for Commander's Decision Making Processes by Exploiting Dynamic Contextual Information, Human Factor and Ergonomic Society annual meeting, September 2016.
• Lopamudra Mukherjee, CVPR 2015, ICCV 2015
• Zachary Oster, IEEE Requirements 2015
• Cheng Thao, Visual Editing and Debugging for Future Model, submitted to ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng) 2015.
• Steven Coakley, Jacob Mischka and Cheng Thao; Version-aware Word Documents; Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on (Document) Changes: modeling, detection, storage and visualization, September 2014, ACM Colorado.
• Zachary J. Oster. "Reasoning with Qualitative Preferences to Develop Optimal Component-Based Systems"; ACM Student Research Competition at International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2013.
• Cheng Thao, Tien Nguyen, Ethan Munson, Managing the Evolution of Web Based Applications with WebSCM, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance, Budapest, Hungary.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Message Scheduling and Delivery with Vehicular Communication Infrastructure, IEEE GLobal Communication Conference (GLOBECOM) 2013, Atlanda Georgia, December 9-12.
• Zhihui Shu, Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Adaptive Channel Allocation and Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, December 9-12.
• Feng Ye, Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu and Yi Qian, Application-Aware Routing for Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Networks with Channel Bonding, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, December 9-12.
• Feng Ye, Jiazhen Zhou, Yaoqing (Lamar) Yang, Hamid Sharif, and Yi Qian, Constructing Backbone of a Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Networks with Channel Bonding, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim, California, December 3-7.
• Zhihui Shu, Jiazhen Zhou, Yaoqing (Lamar) Yang, Hamid Sharif, and Yi Qian, Network Coding-aware Channel Allocation and Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim, California.
• Lopamudra Mukherjee, Vikas Singh, Jia Xu, Maxwell D. Collins; “Analyzing the Subspace Structure of Related Images: Concurrent Segmentation of Image Sets”, Presented at the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2012.
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang, and Yi Qian; “Traffic Scheduling for Smart Grid in Rural Areas with Cognitive Radios“,Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2012, Anaheim, CA USA, December 3-7, 2012
• Jiazhen Zhou, Rose Qingyang Hu, Xuping Zhang and Yi Qian; “Price and Output Control in a Community Power Network with Renewable Generations”, Proceedings of 2012 IEEE Third International Conference Smart Grid Communications, Tainan City, Taiwan, November 5-8, 2012.
•Zachary Oster, Automating Analysis of Qualitative Preferences In Goal-Oriented Requirements Engineering, Presented at 26th IEEE/ACM International Confernce on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), 2011.
• Zachary J. Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam, and Samik Basu; Identifying Optimal Composite Services by Decomposing the Service Composition Problem; IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS) 2011.
• Cheng Thao, Ethan V. Munson; Flexible Support for Managing Evolving Software Product Lines, Presented at PLEASE'11 2011 ACM 978-4503-0584-6/11/05
• Cheng Thao and Ethan V. Munson Using Versioned Tree Data Structure, Change Detection and Node Identity for Three-way XML Merging, 10th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering, 2010
• Cheng Thao and Ethan V. Munson; Version Aware XML Documents, 11th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering, 2011.
• Zachary J. Oster, Ganesh Ram Santhanam, and Samik Basu; Decomposing the Service Composition Problem; IEEE European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS) 2010.
• Zachary J. Oster and Samik Basu; Extending Substitutability in Composite Services by Allowing Asynchronous Communication with Message Buffers; IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) 2009.
• Athula Gunawardena and Robert R. Meyer, Approximation and Segment Count Reduction in Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, IEEE conference proceedings, Industrial and Information Systems, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, (2006), 318-323.