No Tutoring is available during summer.
We are currently recruiting for Fall 2017 tutors. Position description and on-line application are available on HawkJobs.
Direct link to our on-line application. Position ID is 30480.
Applications will be accepted through October 1. Interviews will begin in June and continue until positions are filled.
Tutoring will begin the second or third week of classes.
LOCATION: McGraw 19E (inside McGraw Lab).
- Treat staff and students respectfully
- Keep speaking volume at an acceptable level that does not distract others from their work.
- Please use language that is appropriate to a professional setting.
STUDENTS ATTENDING TUTORING SESSIONS WILL:
- Sign in at link above
- Be patient, remember that there may be other students that need tutoring help. Tutors will assist you as time and demands allow.
- Come prepared for tutoring. Bring any relevant assignment descriptions, notes, and materials with you so that our tutors can do their best to understand the problem and assist you.
- Read and attempt to do the assignment on your own before asking for help. Show your work on problems so far, regardless of whether you think it is good or bad.
- Bring specific issues or concepts you are having difficulty with. Have specific questions for tutors instead of, "How do I do this?"
- Cooperate with tutors and respect their recommendations, suggestions, and instruction on best practices.
- Remember that the goal of the tutoring program is to help you through the learning process to become an independent student. Tutoring is not to be used in place of class attendance.
EXPECTATIONS OF TUTORS:
- Help with concepts, debugging, and specific questions relating to projects and assignments. Tutors will not help complete assignments or give answers to quiz questions or write specific programming code.
- Give guidance on how to start, research or study for a project.
- Arrive prepared and on time for your scheduled tutoring hours.
- Follow all campus policies and procedures as printed in the Department of Computer Science Student Employee Manual.
- Report any issues or concerns to Academic Department Associate, Chair or appropriate faculty member.
LINK TO: debugging_tips