Senior Research Conference
Monday, December 3rd, 2018
Location: Hyland Hall (HH)
- Showcase Senior Research -- a forum for sharing historical or related humanities and social science research
- Promote Historical Conversation -- a venue for researchers to receive constructive feedback on their project.
- Build a Research Community – a way for History and related majors to learn from each other; and especially to get a better understanding of the research process and how to prepare for your own senior research project.
- Concurrent Sessions (multiple panels will take place at the same time).
- Panels of three presenters (senior seminar & undergraduate research students).
- Presentation should be limited to 12-15 minutes each; addressing – your research topic and question, research process, research sources, thesis, samples of supporting evidence, research triumphs & tribulations.
- Panel Chair-Commenter (faculty member) will introduce each presenter and lead post-presentation Q & A
- Students currently enrolled in Senior Seminar or a faculty-mentored undergraduate research project.
BENEFITS FOR PRESENTERS:
- Great Resume Builder.
- Opportunity to share your excitement, expertise, and research findings with other undergraduate researchers and history enthusiasts.
- Gain feedback that will help you improve your final research paper.
- Complete and submit the Conference Proposal Form below. DUE BY: Wednesday, November 14, 2018