There are many opportunities for students to be involved in physics and astrophysics research! Physics faculty welcome the opportunity to work one-on-one with students in independent study and research projects. Here at UW-Whitewater:
- You can work with Steve Sahyun in the area of optics or physics education research.
- You can work with Paul Rybski in the area of astrophysics and astronomical instrumentation.
- You can work with Bob Benjamin in the area of computational and observational astrophysics.
- You can work with Jalal Nawash in the area of crystal growth and materials synthesis.
- You can work with Ozgur Yavuzcetin in nanotechnology and nanomedicine.
There are also several off-campus research opportunities available to the interested student, such as: