Scholarships & Awards
Here are some scholarships, grants, Physics awards, fellowships and other opportunities for Physics Majors. In addition look at this for more opportunities.
Scholarships for Women and Minorities
Scholarships and awards within UW-W Physics department
- First Year Physics Award
- Physics Excellence Scholarship
- R.W. Prucha Memorial Scholarship For High School Physics Teachers: This scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a career in Physics Education and teaching.
College of Letters & Sciences Science Scholarships of interest to Physics majors
Go to the following website and log in: scholarships.uww.edu Students can now apply online for approximately 100 different scholarships.
- A. A. Upham Science Scholarship
- William Beck Scholarship
- Caroll & Kay Flanagan Scholarship (Math majors)
- College of Letters & Sciences Alumni Scholarship
- Christine McLean Metcalf Family Scholarship for Women in Science
- Y. W. Fok Memorial Scholarship
Scholarships that may be of interest to Physics Education Emphasis:
Go to the following website and log in: scholarships.uww.edu. Students can now apply online for approximately 100 different scholarships.
- Alice & Floyd Quinney Scholarship
- Alice Jane Sokol Scholarship
- Andy & Anna Burish Scholarship
- Clem and Bernice Wisch Scholarship
- Cord O. Wells Scholarship
- Dr. Ernella S. Hunziker
- Irvin L. Young Scholarship
- James & Patricia Freer Family Scholarship
- Joseph Pease Scholarship
- Ken and Dorothy Otting Scholarship
- Laura Ferris Scholarship
- Raymond, Beulah & Marian James Scholarship
- The Greenhill Scholarship
- Warren & Virginia Theune Scholarship
- Helen Knosker Scholarship
- UW-W Alumni Association Scholarship
National Scholarships and Awards
STUDENT RESEARCH SUPPORT
Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate Program (NUPOC)
The Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate Program (NUPOC) offers a scholarship (up to $4300 monthly), a $15,000 sign-on bonus for select positions, and a guaranteed job with the U.S. Navy in nuclear propulsion after graduation to students who are within 30 months of graduation. There are no drills or uniforms before graduation. Available positions are nuclear power school instructor, nuclear reactor prototype instructor, surface nuclear propulsion officer, and submarine officer. Any students having taken two semesters of calculus and two semesters of calculus-based physics and who are U.S. citizens are eligible. Local contact: LT Andrew Dzyuba: (244)244-4912, Andrew.email@example.com.