• Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, University of Houston, Texas, 1990.
• Bachelor of Sciences in Analytical Chemistry, Jilin University, P. R. China. July, 1985.
- Chair of the Department of Chemistry, UW - Whitewater, 2008 - present.
- Full Professor of Chemistry, UW - Whitewater, 2004 - present.
- Associate Professor of Chemistry, UW - Whitewater, 2000 - 2004.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, UW - Whitewater, 1995 - 2000.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry, University of Houston, 1990 - 1995.
- Adjunct Faculty, Houston Community College - Central Campus, 1993 - 1995.
- Visiting Research Assistant, 1990; Brookhaven National Laboratory, N.Y.
- Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant, University of Houston, 1985-1990.
Research in the fields of (1) metalloporphyrins, which are the model compounds for biological molecules (2) dimetal complexes, and (3) electrocatalytic dechlorination, including (a) synthesize: to make the compounds of interest and then isolate and purify the compounds. (b). characterize the compounds: using spectroscopy techniques such as IR, UV-Vis, NMR, ESR, MS, single crystal diffraction, electrochemistry and spectroelectrochemistry, etc. to identify the compounds. (c) study the properties of the compounds.