Student Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the Diversity Leadership Certificate requirements, students will be able to:
- Articulate insights about their own identities in multiple contexts with respect to factors such as gender, race, ethnicity, class, sexuality and ability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts necessary for intercultural knowledge and competence, such as privilege/power and social construction of identity.
- Demonstrate drive/motivation to learn and interact with people with different cultures and worldviews.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to see things from others' perspectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to use knowledge, diverse cultural frames of reference, alternative perspectives and key concepts to think critically and act creatively to address social problems.
- Use appropriate language and behaviors and suspend judgement to listen empathetically.
- Interact meaningfully and build relationships with diverse communities and individuals through engagement with real-world challenges.
- Apply key concepts to act ethically and affect social change.