Senior Research Conference
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Location: Hyland Hall
- Showcase Senior Research -- a forum for sharing historical or related humanities and social science research
- Promote Historical Conversation -- a venue for researchers to receive constructive feedback on their project.
- Build a Research Community – a way for History and related majors to learn from each other; and especially to get a better understanding of the research process and how to prepare for your own senior research project.
- Concurrent Sessions (multiple panels will take place at the same time).
- Panels of three presenters (senior seminar & undergraduate research students).
- Presentation should be limited to 12-15 minutes each; addressing – your research topic and question, research process, research sources, thesis, samples of supporting evidence, research triumphs & tribulations.
- Panel Chair-Commenter (faculty member) will introduce each presenter and lead post-presentation Q & A
- Students currently enrolled in Senior Seminar or a faculty-mentored undergraduate research project.
BENEFITS FOR PRESENTERS:
- Great Resume Builder.
- Opportunity to share your excitement, expertise, and research findings with other undergraduate researchers and history enthusiasts.
- Gain feedback that will help you improve your final research paper.
- Complete and submit the Conference Proposal Form below. DUE BY: April 3, 2017
Click here for the Conference Proposal Form
Click here for the Lodging and Dining Information
Click here for the Conference Program, Panel Assignments, and Locations (TBD as conference gets closer)