- Earth Day Alternative Vehicle Show Pictures
- Physics Outreach: Physics Department and SPS Students Mike Stirmel, Mark Wesche, and Christopher Witt help out with the 2010 Whitewater Science Night held at WWHS on May 30, 2010. See the Event Picture Page.
- Physics Outreach: Physics Department faculty Jalal Nawash and Steven Sahyun, and SPS students Grace Bluhm, Tyler Engel, Mike Stirmel, and Mark Wesche help out with the 2010 Fort Atkinson Science Fair, February 20, 2010.Picture
- The UWW Physics department is proud to have hosted the 2009 Wisconsin Association of Physics Teachers meeting October 30 and 31, 2009. Thank you to everyone who helped make the meeting a success! 2009 Meeting Program (pdf). Meeting summary, and Pictures of the meeting.
- The astronomy poster exhibition From Earth to the Universe was on display in the department hallway and Upham Lobby from October 23 through November 17. See the linked article for details on the traveling display of 40 photo Images of earth and space.
- Bob Benjamin receives $324,000 grant from NASA. Benjamin has been awarded a three-year, $324 K grant from the NASA Astrophysics Theory program to support his research program entitled "Kinematics of the Interstellar Disk-Halo Interface in Galaxies". The project will develop simulations to track the motions and velocities of intergalactic gas clouds accreted by the Galaxy, and magneto- hydrodynamical models to examine the rotation of gas in galaxies. This will provide financial support for Dr. Benjamin during a proposed sabbatical, support for two undergraduate research assistants during the summers, financial support for Dr. Benjamin's collaborator Dr. Bart Wakker (UW-Madison), a single high-end workstation for numerical simulations, and travel support to Morelia, Mexco to work with a collaborator at the Centro de Radioastronomica y Astrofisica-UNAM.