There are many opportunities for students to be involved in physics and astrophysics research! Physics faculty welcome the opportunity to work one-on-one with students in independent study and research projects. Here at UW-Whitewater:
- You can work with Steve Sahyun in the area of optics or physics education research.
- You can work with Paul Rybski in the area of astrophysics and astronomical instrumentation.
- You can work with Bob Benjamin in the area of computational and observational astrophysics.
- You can work with Jalal Nawash in the area of crystal growth and materials synthesis.
- UW-Whitewater Undergrad Research Travel (Rolling deadline)
- SPS Undergraduate Research Awards (DUE NOV 15)
Up to $2000 for a research project to be carried out by SPS Chapter.
- Summer Research Opportunities
There are also several off-campus research opportunities available to the interested student, such as:
- Any National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates site.
- Argonne National Laboratory Student Research Participation Program.
- Fermilab Summer Student Participation Program.
- Energy Research Undergraduate Laboratory Fellowships A Department of Energy program
- The National Optical Astronomy Observatories Summer Research Assistantships