Students in the College of Letters & Sciences know that learning extends beyond the classroom. Being actively involved in a wide range of honorary societies and professional student associations further enriches their overall academic excellence.
Peace and Justice Studies
The Peace and Justice minor will offer an interdisciplinary approach to understanding peace as the cumulative goal of conflict resolution and transformation
L&S Advising Office
By your Sophomore year, you should be oriented to the University, knowledgeable about general education, and ready to become more involved in your declared major.
Faculty & Staff encourage students to take learning beyond the classroom. The College of Letters and Sciences offers assistance and many programs to help students achieve this goal.
- Alumni Mentor Program
- International Experiences
- Study Abroad
- Travel Study in the U.S.
- Undergraduate Research Program
Submit an Event
Know about a College of Letters and Science event happening on campus? Help keep the College of Letters & Sciences Calendar up to date.
- September 08, 2014
Democracies of Great Britain, India & Nigeria
- September 15, 2014
Democracy in Mali & Iran: Personal Accounts
- September 22, 2014
‘Perpetual Crises of Democracy’ in Latin America
- September 29, 2014
Democratic Successes and Challenges in Nigeria
- State of the University Address set for August 25
- UW-Whitewater professor wins Fulbright award, explores Latin America
- Fund for Lake Michigan creates economic tidal wave, study finds
- UW-Whitewater named a top workplace
- UW-Whitewater science student earns $305,000 graduate scholarship