Bachelor of Arts Requirements
- Foreign language waiver based on high school courses
Students who graduated from high school before 2012 may waive the requirement with 2 high school years of the same foreign language.
- Request for personalization: 300/400 level coursework
6 units of upper division course work (300/400 level) from the arts, humanities or social science fields of study. These courses may not be from the department of the student's major or minor. They may not be used in a student's University Requirements. All 6 units may be from the same subject.
Declare a Letters and Sciences Certificate
- Declare a Letters and Sciences Certificate
- Students will need to log out of all Google accounts and log in with their UW-Whitewater credentials in order to access this Google form. By declaring a certificate through this form, the certificate requirements will be added to the AAR and become a graduation requirement. If you decide not to complete the certificate, email email@example.com to have it removed from your record. A list of certificates offered in the college and coordinator contact information is available at the bottom of the Majors/Minors page.
Retroactive Credits in Foreign Language
- Request For Retroactive Credits in Foreign Language Form
To apply for retroactive credits, students must earn a grade of B or better in their first college level language course (numbered 142 or above, or Japanese 102 or above). They are then eligible to apply for retroactive credits for the courses below the course completed. UW-system transfer students are also able to be awarded retroactive credits based on their transfer coursework.
Request for Overload of Credits
- Request Form for Overload of Credits
For Letters and Sciences students in good standing, use this form to appeal for more than a full time load (over 18 credits in a Fall/Spring term. See Schedule of classes for summer term rules). Exceeding the credit limit for a full time load will result in additional tuition charges. Students on probation must appeal to the Academic Standards Office.
(see the University Forms section for application information)
New Race & Ethnic Studies Minors Interest Form
- Interest Form
If you are interested in one of the new minors or are interested in receiving additional information regarding one of the new minors, fill out the following information.
- Undergraduate Degree/Major/Minor Change Form
Students should complete the form and take it to their current major office. That office will release the advising file to the student to take with the change form to the office of the new department.