Majors, Minors & Certificates
The Department of Women's and Gender Studies prepares students for a variety of careers such as Human services provider, Parole officer, Not-for-profit director, Marketer, Counselor, Lawyer, Residence Life Coordinator, Sexual Assault Victim Advocate, Domestic Violence Shelter Coordinator, Researcher, Program Coordinator - Higher Education, Higher Education instructor, Entrepreneur.
The department offers the following programs:
- BA/BS Women's Studies Major - 33 credits
- Women's Studies Minor - 21 credits
- Gender and Ethnic Studies Minor - 21 credits
For checklists and four year plans, click here.
- Women's Studies Certificate - In addition to the Women's Studies Major and Minor, students have another option in Women's Studies -- the 15 credit certificate. Students who successfully complete 15 credits in approved Women's Studies courses will receive a transcript designation WOMEN'S STUDIES CERTIFICATE by requesting the designation from the Chair of Women's Studies. The requirements are 15 credits of approved Women's Studies courses, including at least SIX credits in courses which have the Women's Studies prefix WOMENST. For the Women's Studies Certificate checklist, click here.
- Diversity Leadership Certificate - The Diversity Leadership Certificate is designed to allow students to engage in diversity learning around issues of gender, race, ethnicity, class, sexuality and ability. Students use both curricular and co-curricular activities to enhance knowledge, develop facilitation skills and engage in productive collaborations across differences. Assessed through artifacts submitted to an eportfolio, students gain skills at building inclusive environments and an ability to address complex social issues.