The Graduate Certificate Program in Business Data Analytics is designed to allow professionals with Bachelor’s Degrees to acquire knowledge, experience, and a solid foundation in data mining and analytics in an organization. These courses will be available for students both on-campus online.
Individuals that complete the Certificate in Business Data Analytics will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Understand the role and application of data analytics in an organization
- Be able to identify the appropriate tools needed to analyze business data
- Be able to apply some of the common analysis tools
- Be able to take explain the managerial practices and process used to successfully use data analytics in an organization.
- Understand how to communicate in the context of the business results of data analytics.
- Understand the social and ethical issues related to security and privacy of data.
Certificate in Business Data Analytics Courses & Degree Requirements:
The Business Data Analytics Certificate Program requires completion of five courses (15 credits). A minimum of four courses (12 credits) must come from the following courses:
- MARKETNG 731 QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS
- ITSCM 773 DATA FOUNDATIONS FOR BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- ITSCM 774 DATA ANALYTICS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
- ITSCM 777 DATA MINING FOR BUSINESS
AND not more than one course (3 credits) can come from the following courses:
- ITSCM 776 BUSINESS PROCESS INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
- MARKETNG 772 DIGITAL MARKETING
To qualify for admission to a certificate program in good standing, you must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.75 or above.
For policies regarding admission on probation, please consult the current Program Coordinator.
*No GMAT required.
Students may apply through the School of Graduate Studies.
Note: Students in the Business Data Analytics Certificate Program may enroll in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at UW-Whitewater if they meet the normal criteria for that program. Certificate courses are part of the MBA program and may count toward completion of that degree at a later date.