The Graduate Business Foundations Certificate program is designed to provide a foundation of business knowledge in a breadth of areas at the graduate level. The certificate can serve as a standalone program to help broaden an understanding of business, or as initial preparation for pursuing an MBA or other graduate business degree. These courses are available for students on campus and online.
Graduate Business Foundations Certificate Degree Requirements:
The Certificate Program requires completion of 5 of the 7 courses listed or course areas:
ACCOUNTING 701 - ACCOUNTING FOUNDATIONS (2 cr)
ECONOMICS 703 - STATISTICS (2 cr)
ECONOMICS 704 - ECONOMICS FOUNDATIONS (2 cr)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT 715 - TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS (2 cr)
FINANCE & BUSINESS LAW 718 - FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (2 cr)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT 719 - OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2 cr)
MARKETING 716 - MARKETING (2 cr)
To qualify for admission to a degree program in good standing, you must have:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- At least 3.00 overall grade point average in all graduate course work completed at UW-Whitewater, with no grades of I or P pending; and
- an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale, or
- at least a 2.90 grade point average in the last half of the undergraduate degree program, or
- at least 12 credits of graduate work completed on a regular grade basis at UW-Whitewater, or
- a master's or higher degree at a regionally accredited institution at the corresponding graduate level, or
- at least a 2.50 overall grade point average in the undergraduate degree program, a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 570, and at least five years of appropriate work experience (This only applies to the M.B.A. and the M.P.A. programs).
For policies regarding admission on probation, please consult the current Program Coordinator.
*No GMAT required.
Students may apply through the School of Graduate Studies.
Note: Students in the Graduate Business Foundations Certificate program may enroll in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at UW-Whitewater if they meet the normal criteria for that program. Certificate courses are part of the MBA program and may count toward completion of that degree at a later date.